inTank Media Baskets

Whats the max number of fish for a 20 gal reef?

CeeTee

A general rule not really taken heed to. One inch of fish for every gallon of water. But it really depends on what you have in your tank. And what kind of bioload is being spat out, ie livestock crap. Does this mean you gonna get 20, 1 inch fish, I wouldnt do that, but you will know how much your tank can hold, add them fish one by one. jmo, dont have to lissen to me, im sure the search button covers this tho. good luck man

Quash

NaNO ReeFiN

1 inch of fish per gallon is more of a general rule for freshwater tanks.. I would probably say 1 inch of fish per 5 gallons of saltwater.. of course people add more or less depending on their filtration and such.

It depends actually on the surface area as well. You can have more fish in a 20 gallong long than in a 20 gallon tall. I would say in a saltwater 20 gallon long you can have at most 4 fish (2 inches or less each).

This is what I have, tell me if this is too much. (20 long)

FISH:

2x Black rayed shrimp goby

1- Royal Gamma

1- Flasher Wrasse

Inverts:

1- Red Serpent Star

1- Peppermint Shrimp

*this list does not include my coral*

sounds nice. Just use common sense. Imagine yourself as a fish and think about what would keep you sane. Living in a place the size of a room forever? your house forever? About the size of a few blocks?

Archived