Coral Vue Hydros

Anyone keeping clams w/o halides?

Goofball310

Goofball310

The title says it all. I have a 5-6" Teardrop Maxima in my 65, but I'm tearing it down. I'm setting up a 20 tall w/ 72w of PC, adn I really don't want to get rid of the clam if I don't have to.

TIA

Mark

Dennis_said

There are quite a bit of people here who keep their clams with lighting other than that of a MH--I hope to be one of them soon :)

20gal with 72w = 3.6 w/gallon which does not seem like enough light to me (but I'm a bit of a clam noob)

what lighting is the clam under in the 65 ?

I have 2 small t.max in my 20gal w/220W of PC light = 11 w/gallon.

-skeletor-

I used to keep a derasa under 110w PC in a 28 gal. show tank. It did all right, but I don't think it grew like it could have. It ended up catching some sort of infection and went to the big clamshack in the sky in a matter of about 72 hours.

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably have put it higher in the tank, perhaps letting it attach its byssal foot on the rock somewhere closer to the top of the tank.

NaNO ReeFiN

I currently have 2 maxima's in my 10 gal. under 2x32 watt lighting. Both are doing great and the color has even improved from when I bought it at the LFS. I've had both clams for about 5 months now.

Archived