inTank Media Baskets

what salt do most of us use?

eddie29

i approve of oceanic for my Mantis tank, but for my reef i will not use anything other then tropic marin pro reef, mostly for the reason i use a calcium reactor and the levels stabilize alot easier with it for me at least

There is no True great salt mix. There is an article some where, were they tested all the different brand salt mixes for metals. I use Oceanic and never had a problem with pH, but it does lack buffer capacity. I plan on swithing to RC but I hear Red Sea Pro works well with RO water, so I try that.

I'm using reef crystals right now on my nano. Thing is I tested a fresh batch and got 1 ppm nitrate. Could've been my water but my RO/DI unit is still pretty new and I get 0 TDS. I'm on the list for Reefer's Best Salt when it gets here. I'm also willing to try TM regular. I've heard multiple reports of diatom blooms from TM Pro so I'm a little hesitant on that one.

I use either TM Pro or RC...both I've had good results with. For my 120 I'm going to continue to use TM Pro as long as it doesn't break the bank...

Archived