Coral Vue Hydros

is my live sand live

englishreefer

englishreefer

i was at my lfs today to buy my livesand. they had a bag of natures own bio active live aragonite. the bag had been slit and the fluids spilt out. the guy their said it had been slit no more than a week ago and had debated between themselves if the sand would still be live. he said he wasnt sure so sold me the bag dirt cheap, less than the normal stuff costs. When i got home and opened the bag the sand was still damp. the shelf life on the bag is april 2004 so i take it still had lots of food and nourishment in their even in its such low amounts compared to the sand. what are your opinions on this, as this just my 2 cents, i really dont know to much about the stuff.

thanx

englishreefer

also will this sand contain pods, worms and others of the such or just bacteria, it says on the bag 100% natural, from ocean to you

There's no macroscopic life in those bag-o-live sands. There is bacteria and if it was still damp, you'll have some left. Even if the numbers dropped WAY down, bacteria multiple very very fast, so in a couple of weeks, you'll be good as new!

Archived