inTank Media Baskets

URGENT...will a clown goby destroy my pod population?

drdrew

i got one today...he's floating...then someone mentions it will eat all my pods....is this true?

let me know soon...maybe i'll take him back, or put him in my other tank that is already pod free....

harbingerofthefish

they are carnivores, most likely he will eat them all. But if keeping the pod population up is a big concern than that rules out a lot of fish for nanos, as most are carnivores.

I've got more pods now wit the clown goby than I had without. Its a great fish.... never bothers anyone, and just sits around on any coral plant or rock it can find.

Originally posted by drdrew

i got one today...he's floating

In that case, I doubt he'll be eating much of anything. X)

whya re you concerned with losing your pod population? it is a good natural source of food and there will always be some. if you are that concerned you will need to set up a refugium or something. you cal also make pod hidouts in your tank by using alot of rock rubble or even get that basket stuff for crochet or however you spell it and make little boxes and hide it behind your rock so the pods have a place to hide.

I got a green clown goby. It doesn't hunt pods much. If anything, I have seen my Yellow Tail Damsel eat more pods. I don't think it will be a threat to a pod population. It may eat some, but not all.

satch...i meant floating in the bag to acclimate the temp!

thanks for all your help. i put him in there. i have 23 pounds of rock in a 15 gal tank so there should be ample hiding space. i like to keep the pods around...i just like 'em. and i think they do move the sand around a bit.....

freakaccident

I wish my goby would eat my pods. I have so many pods that it is creepy to look at the tank. The back wall is covered in them and they are swimming around everywhere.

Archived