Pod Your Reef

Today's Experiment

MrAnderson

HAVE YOU SCRATCHED THE TANK YET?

speaking of scratched acrylic your tank has had 9x Novus #3 and 12x Novus #2 treatments on the front panel most scratches are invisible but not all. Is there anything I can do for the last few scratches to buff them out?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MRA IGNORE YOUR CHILDREN AND UPDATE YOUR THREAD AND TANK PLS KTHX

You know we're more important than your children, right? ;) (Seriously, I hope your kids are well. God knows they're CUTE!!)

crap - i shut off all notifications except for the moderator forum, so i didn't know people were bumping this.

i'll get up pics soon, i promise. everything is OK, i guess. the M. spumosa is growing nicely, and there's a really cute skinny new little branch growing out from the base, i'm really curious to see what morphology it adapts in my tank vs. what's grown so far.

i've been somewhat negligent with the water changes with the newborns keeping me so busy, getting my course organized (but it hasn't started yet) but the corals don't seem to mind. however, the coraline has lightened considerably and hasn't really been growing as well.

other than that, not much is new, i won't rearrange, put my hands in, etc. i'm letting things grow in as undisturbed as possible.

oh yeah, one of those trumpet-like macroalgae has grown to be about an inch around, it's cool looking. i took off the clump of Halimeda at the top right and like magic, from nowhere, i got a huge clump of the pink afro macro i thought had died off! so that's cool.

the thing is still there! haven't seen the nudibranch since i took pics though :(

pics soon! i promise!

there's a moderator forum?

water changes have been spotty at best on my tank in the past few months. i hate being busy with a tank. sadly, it shows.

Alcyonium sp.:

reef_002.JPG

Montipora spumosa

reef_0051.JPG

reef_0091.JPG

M. spumosa from a couple months ago:

158.JPG

the polyps in the newer pics aren't extended as far because i turned the lights on to take these pics while i had a chance. it's encrusted the nearby rock, on the order of a couple square inches of growth. also, a neat little branch is emerging from the base at the lower left.

Montipora peltiformis

reef_0081.JPG

no fts - i'm embarrassed. strangely, the corals are growing ok, but the rest of the tank, particularly the coraline, really doesn't like the monthly water changes. i know, i know...

Man, I have a thing for corals planted among macro algaes. Tanks like this makes me envious. Is that turtle weed/ maiden hair in the first pic? How the heck you can get so much variety of macros on the same rock? *jealous*

Good update!

Man, I have a thing for corals planted among macro algaes. Tanks like this makes me envious. Is that turtle weed/ maiden hair in the first pic? How the heck you can get so much variety of macros on the same rock? *jealous*

Good update!

Thanks Duncan, I should've known you'd love the macro... I remember your tank.

That is turtlegrass, which emerged only a couple weeks ago. One of my faves though is the dark red fuzzy macro above it, which is thriving. All this is just from the initial soft-cycle with lights of the fresh uncured rock - I didn't want to lose the diversity, and so it stayed.

Purple-UP: The M. peltiformis wass a frag that has encrusted over the last couple months. The rock DID come with some live encrusting Monti, but it didn't make it.

Archived