Innovative Marine Aquariums

10 gallon with 55g sump :)

WorldNation

WorldNation

how does that sound?

10 gallon with a 55gallon sump/filter.

i'm getting a free old saltwater tank from one of my customers who i've became buddies with. he upgradeed to a 500gallon show tank, so he asked me if i wanted his old 55(with all the equipment) for free. i said hell ya! lol. but i dont wanna set up another tank. would it be too outrageouse to turn the 55 into a sump/refugium/filter?./..

does a 10gal w/ 55gal sump still qualify as a nano ?

sounds extreme to me, but hell, if ya got the room then go for it, turn it into a super fuge...

the more water volume the better, right ?

-skeletor-

WorldNation

haha, it would, i think, lol.

but yeh, thats what i'm thinking, about, turning it into a giant ass fuge! lol

everything's gonna come with it, a penguin 330 PF. a lighting system. i cna drop all my heaters and ###### in there. all i'll need is the lr :) mwuhahahaha. well, my 10 gallon is sitting on my second deask(which i use more as a shelf, lol) and theres tons of room under the desk. so i'll jsut shove the 55 under there, and bam! :)

Wouldn't it be more sensable to have a 55g tank with a 10g fuge? More fish/ more corals, and moving a 10g into a 55g wouldn't be very hard at all. Just my 2 pennies.

Why not just get playsand for the 55 and skip the LR? Just a thought.

You could even take Dr. Ron's suggestion and use xenia for nutrient export if your lighting's good for it -- lots of space for it to grow, little chance of it getting into the 10.

WorldNation

well, i dont wnan set-up a 55 gallon, cause then i'll need a lighting system for m y corals for a 55gal. more mula:)

Archived