Coral Vue Hydros

TANK TEARDOWN: C777's EQUIPMENT: skimmers, MH 250w HQI lighting, wavemaker

Caesar777

EQUIPMENT

I've gathered up all my reefing gear for parting out.

1.) BakPak skimmer with MJ pump ($50)

I thought it was a model-2 ("2R Reef) but I think it's a model 1. IMO, it's all the same, just take out the "bio-bale" or clean it weekly. Including said media for your choice to use it or not; I won't be.

2.) Chauvet lighting timer (for use as a wave timer for 2-4 pumps)

3.) CPR overflow box I forgot I had (second size up, 1" bulkhead--$40)

Intake box spray-painted black with reef-safe Krylon Fusion. 800GPH standard for 1" bulkheads.

4.) ASM Mini with GenX pump and Enkamat for the meshwheel mod SOLD

5.) Knop "Excalibur" hang-on skimmer with prefilter box which was on the tank but I took off it bc of wanting to take down the tank ($50--works fine for the average system), etc.

That stuff I don't need on the tank, even for its last few days/weeks. (Hopefully days)

ALSO: 250-watt HQI metal halide setup: Electronic IceCap 250-watt ballast (small, compact, efficient, high-quality), imo "deluxe-style" pendant/reflector w/HQI sockets and hanging hooks, and a very nice Ushio 20,000K bulb, not too blue for a 20,000K. Will be ready to go mid next week.

The metal halide system can only be sold once the corals are gone, is the metal halide lighting. Sunlight Supply's fancy square hanging pendant reflector, IceCap electronic ballast, 250-watt 20,000K Ushio bulb (nice color), all wired together nicely. I may have mentioned that already...Memory sucks. Total wholesale price on all that was about $350. Yes, really. Would like to get $300 for it, considering retail would have been much more; the setup isn't even 6 months old; I bought it all NEW in mid-late March. Find a used pendant like this (if you can--you'll find a simple PFO batwing for just under 100, but this one reflects much more), add on a used IceCap ballast that's who-knows-how-old (at least 150, ime), plus a bulb with the same vague background (it's a NICE bulb, with little use)... Yeah, I'm really trying to sell; I want the corals to get good homes, but as far as the MH, I need the dough from this one.

2e305rq.jpg

4d2kg87.jpg

4i1p0s6.jpg

Either; the Knop has a cool preskimmer box, which I like. Hides the pump and the outlet. Black acrylic with overflow teeth. The BakPak is compact and a classic.

I have to say I have been watching your threads with a near tear of despair....I hate to see you moving it all out, but....

Do you have any decent flow kickers (I'm actually looking for a Koralia 2 or 3) for my 29 AGA reef?

Mitch

Sorry, I don't. I had been planning to buy a couple of 2's for the 26, before it became a 16 with an unsure future. Now we know the answer, I guess.

Tell ya what, I'll write FLONK right on the shipping box, just so that the UPS guy looks at you funny as he hands you a box that says "FLONK" all over it in big letters. I really will. IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES! :ninja::lol:

They're rated for like 70 gallons or so. I wouldn't put them at that much. But I've seen BakPaks on 40's, reasonably stocked and 10-15% wc's every other week. BUT if you're heavily stocked with fish, it'd be pushing it. With corals, fine. Get good flow in there regardless, helps the skimmer be more effective too.

Doesn't anyone need a light like this? :o She is amazing at shipping lights. I got mine from her with a very heavy ballast & 2 bulbs & nothing was broken even though the boxes were kind of battered.

That light would be perfect for one of the 500 different 40 breeders being setup on this forum right now. (Mine included, but I already have a 150 + 2x65 Outer Orbit)

Archived