Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Would Two Koralia Model 1 Pumps be Too Much in a BC29?

The Saltwater Kid

The Saltwater Kid

I am thinking of stacking my live rock in sort of a mountain formation in my tank with nothing touching any of the sides and I was thinking of putting a Koralia model 1 pump on either side with one pump pointed towards the front of the tank and one pointed towards the rear of the tank so that I would get a circular flow pattern all the way around my rockwork so that most detritus wouldn't get a chance to settle in any one spot and create trouble. Do you think two Model 1 pumps will be too much flow?

should be fine. there are a few people who have 2 k1's in their tanks with no problems

I run the 2 without a problem.

The only concern would be size - yes size does matter - the Koralia's are kind of large and I don't know if you are going to want two of them in there.

You could just get one for the right side and upgrade your regular pump to something a little stronger. That way you don't have those two things taking up too much realestate in your tank.

I am running 3 Koralia 1's on my BioCube 29 with a Red Sea wavemaker. No problems at all (of course I'm running bare bottom.

I am thinking of stacking my live rock in sort of a mountain formation in my tank with nothing touching any of the sides and I was thinking of putting a Koralia model 1 pump on either side with one pump pointed towards the front of the tank and one pointed towards the rear of the tank so that I would get a circular flow pattern all the way around my rockwork so that most detritus wouldn't get a chance to settle in any one spot and create trouble. Do you think two Model 1 pumps will be too much flow?

Archived