Pod Your Reef

Eco-Aqualizer sounds like Mud Filters of a few years ago?

reefguru21

reefguru21

Hey there,

I was going through last months TFH magazine and came across an add for the new Eco-Aqualizers. As do most ads it sounded to good to be true so I visited there site and did a little investigating and found rave review of this new techno-filter. I'm wondering if anyone has used one or knows anybody that is using one. Trying to find out if it's the revolution of the future or the next two year fad.

• 2 weeks later...

bump

i just read dr. matthews' (semi)review of the Eco-Aqualizer in this month's fama. um, not a ringing endorsement in my interpretation of the article. X)

i've never seen the eco-aqua so i don't have an opin on it but i do agree with most of matthews' thinking in the projects he's presented so far so i'm accepting his view right now. if you (or anyone else) did try it, let us know eventually how it does.

the second half of his article deals with sand/microfauna. it's kinda related to the eco-aqua but it seems like he's touching separate subjects. very good points and the suggestion of testing gave me flashbacks of the Great Substrate Debate thread in Advanced.

Archived