Cultivated Reef

28 Gallon Bow - The Progression

AbSoluTc

I thought it would be neat to see the progression of this tank. It is still under construction so it will be changing again.

10-18-2002

no1.jpg

10-18-2002

n1.jpg

12-28-2002

122802-2.jpg

1-11-2003

Aiptasia2.jpg

2-15-2003

21503-Bare.jpg

2-23-2003

22303-Full-Tank-Shot.jpg

3-16-2003

edited out until I can resize

4-17-2003

Full-Tank1.jpg

5-3-2003

Macro%20Algae4%20Full%20Tank.jpg

Intresting progression :)

Enjoy!

abs, nice to see the changes. I love the aiptasia filled shot followed by aiptasia free with the copperband. I guess they work. Did you find that the copperband went after any corals, polyps, shrooms etc?

I noticed the mangroves in some pics and none later on. did they die or were they moved to a fuge or sump?

Crak-

The mangroves are still in there. They are pretty bulky and take up quite a bit of room in the tank so I havent decided what to do with them yet. A couple died because I had them in another tank with no light. Im going to try and get a sump going but I don't know if that will happen.

That copperband was #4 of 4. It died a month later of unknown reasons. It appeared happy and healthy. Copperband #2, ate all the aiptasias he could find. They will eat feather dusters but as far as other corals go, I did not have any problems.

Deacon-

Thank you for the compliment :)

Oh my God it's like the good lord rained down some pain on your tank abs and all of a sudden made everything better again. Just to rain some more pain on your tank. It's shocking but it's a very nice tank

a copperband in a 20 gallon is ridiculous, about 95% of them only eat coepods and would need at least a 100g to survive for a length of time.

abs dont ya love all the newbie comments who know nothing of your system. =p 95 percent only eat pods and need at least a 100 g to survive. sure when they get big they need a big tank. but that can all be arranged. as to only eat pod, where did you get that phat hunk of b.s.? first off you make sure a fish is eating before you take it home from the fish shop. how many lfs do you see feeding their fish exclusively pods. you really should research before you flame someone else's post because it makes you look stupid when your flame gets flamed. i dont like to do this but i really dislike you FLAMERS!!! you think your all hard oh ya i know everything there is to know so that gives me the right to flame this guys post..... if you wanna continue flaming why not remove yourself from this board.

thanx

sean

Thanks Tow...I was sorta wondering.

Didn't want to have to get snippy with anyone!B)

Well...except SeaMonkey. He's an asshat...:)

How do you know i am a newbie when you know nothing about me. I would have a good guess that most copperbands would not survive in a nano + the tank would be too small for it unless it was very small.

like i stated a full grown copperband wont fit in there, but i doubt abs is a moron and would put a full grown one in his nano. read before you post.

Thank you tow-up :)

Tufty711-

Thats far from a full grown copperband. A full grown copperband is roughly - 8". Secondly, my copperband was eating live brine, frozen brine, mysis and formula foods. Not to mention frozen krill chopped up small. I had plenty of pods and aiptasia to keep him happy, so even if he wasn't eating prepared foods, he would have eventually.

Now, since my tank is too small for a copperband, does that mean I should probably not keep the 1/2 tang that I was planning to pick up?

If you are as concearned as you sound about your fish - leave them in the ocean. There's no place like home!

What babylonian gods did you offend.

looks like the tank of the 7 plagues.

:)

BTW I love the rose bubble tip

Originally posted by SoS

What babylonian gods did you offend.

looks like the tank of the 7 plagues.

:)

BTW I love the rose bubble tip

LOL :D

Thank you!

Archived