Innovative Marine Aquariums

Amazing new bucket lid product

swordfish

Many of us have a need to move water around or store it in those round five or 7 gallon heavy duty buckets which may have previosuly housed laundry detergent, foods of various kinds, pickles, etc. This can be made tough by the fact that the lids for these suckers are usually a slam-on/pry-off affair and they don't last too long, not to mention being not air-or water-tight. So what to do? My dad, back when he was storing some food in case it all just went to hell during the Y2K non-event, turned me on to a product called the Gamma Lid!

This thing is what anyone faced with the bucket-lid problem really needs. It comes in two parts: an adapter which is round, fits on top of the bucket and is installed just once using a rubber hammer to slam it down on to it, establishing it's own seal between the edge fo the bucklet and itself. Make sure you do this on a bucket you like.....the product's only fault is that the adapter part is *not* coming off again after you get it on there. The other part is the heavy duty, water-tight, reuseable lid with a rubber seal on it that screws into the adapter much like a jar lid. Wala! Your bucket is now useable over and over again and water tight. I have had mine, full of water, fall over and roll around several times in the back of my pickup and it has never spilled a drop. Survivalists use these things to store food, ammo and whatever in and then bury them in the ground. As heavy duty as they are I am sure they would work in this manner if you needed one to. The lids are also shaped so you can stack other containers of similar diameter on top of them. Someone really hit on something when they came up with this.

You can get them at your local hardware superstore for about 5-8 dollars or you can see and buy them online at several different places including here: http://www.breadbeckers.com/gammalids.htm.

I just wanted to clue everyone in to something that makes my life as a reefer lot easier.

(I do not work for the company at the included URL, they were just one of the first sites that popped up when I did a search for the item online and they have a decent diagram and picture of the item there.)

Jeff

Archived