Top Shelf Aquatics

LFS advised to use their pre-made water

myelin

harbingerofthefish

when you top off due to evaporation you use fresh water. The salt in the water in the tank is till in there as it doesn't evaporate.

Glad you asked this...another good reason to use RO and mix it yourself.

Fresh water as in tap water, or as in distilled water in a jug? I know distilled water is RO water...B)

ok petsmart and petco are different. the difference is petsmart refuses to sell marine because of the way they are harvested. they do not want to be associated with the harsh collection procedures of saltwater fish. they cant guarantee that a fish is net caught or cyanide caught so they dont want to deal with it. its all politics really. petco places that cary marine fish are cruel in my opinion. for those of you that may work there and say it is ran correctly great, but for the most part, at least every single petco ive ever been to, has horrible looking tanks and sick and dead fish everywhere. i would never put a fish in my tank from a place that treats their animals so horribly. thats my opinion at least.

harbingerofthefish

koolaid...NO TAP WATER!

an advantage of using RO and mixing it yourself is that you always have some unmixed RO to top off with.

Archived