Innovative Marine Aquariums

Setting up 10gal w/ fuge

loopy73

Just looking for some input. I want to set up a 10gal nano and im planning on running with a seperate 10gaL fuge underneath on a iron stand. I plan on using glass partitions for the fuge and running a hagen 802 to return to tank. The upper tank will need to be drilled which shouldnt be a problem. I was also advised to used the eco system mudd in the fuge rather than LS. The age old question of skimmer or not isnt yet figured out. Well this is kinda a rough idea in my head. Any input or ideas i would appreciate. Thanks

chrisblore

As far as the eco system mud is concerned, I have no experience with it but have heard that it is significantly more expensive than equivalent sand that can be made 'live' with grunge from the bottom of the LFS live rock or coral tanks.

I would suggest that a skimmer would be a good idea if you are going to be away for any length of time or if you do not intend to carry out a very frequent water change. This is not to say that you will not have to care as much for the tank, just that it will provide a back-up in case you are not able to carry out a water change for any reason.

HTH

Chris

Archived