Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

PM Skimmer and My Reef Creations CA reactor

demon16v

Hello Everyone,

We have a new addition coming to our family and I’m looking to sell some extra stuff I have sitting around.

First, I have a used (but good condition) Precision Marine ES-100 Venturi Skimmer for sale. Looking for $70.00.

Here is the info on this skimmer: http://www.precisionmarine.com/html/es100.html

Second is a used My Reef Creations CA1 Reactor, single chamber, Mag 2 Recirc pump, Milwaukee Gauges w/ bubble counter, 1 full CO2 Tank - 20lbs. I think....? I traded with a local PA member but never had a chance to use it.

Looking for $200.00

I live in Pennsauken, NJ

Thanks for looking,

Jon

would you take 70 shipped for this skimmer. if so i can paypal you right now.

Hello Everyone,

We have a new addition coming to our family and I’m looking to sell some extra stuff I have sitting around.

First, I have a used (but good condition) Precision Marine ES-100 Venturi Skimmer for sale. Looking for $70.00.

Here is the info on this skimmer: http://www.precisionmarine.com/html/es100.html

Second is a used My Reef Creations CA1 Reactor, single chamber, Mag 2 Recirc pump, Milwaukee Gauges w/ bubble counter, 1 full CO2 Tank - 20lbs. I think....? I traded with a local PA member but never had a chance to use it.

Looking for $200.00

I live in Pennsauken, NJ

Thanks for looking,

Jon

Sorry, Guys but the shipping would be $30.00 for such a big item. I'm hoping for local pick-up.

I'll sell them both to someone local for $250.00. Seems like a fair deal.

what's size tank is the reactor rated for?

From MRC web site it said 300 gallons. But I would say more like 100-140 gallons.

I'm using that model skimmer right now. It has uncomparable build quality. That's a great price too. Even if you don't like the standard venturi you can always use a needlwheel pump on it.

yeah mine came in pieces - the way the plumbing is attached to the cylinder if it gets thrown around the plumbing just tears the skimmer apart

get yourself a gate valve it's much easier to adjust that way, especially if you go needlewheel

a 4100 may be too powerful I use only a 2400 mesh mod and this is what it looks like at the neck:

DSCN2191.jpg

It already skims pretty wet as is. You may get a 4100 to work if you really lower the water level, which may be a good thing because that is the one problem with using this venturi skimmer as a needlwheel - the neck is too short for all the bubbles. I actually talked directly to one of the PM designers about this. They tested it on the needlewheel and recommended a medium strength pump only. He also agreed if they were to redesign the skimmer for a needlewheel the neck would be longer.

Look at how much bigger the bubbles are without the mesh mod:

DSCN2122.jpg

Thanks, I had some sedra mesh mod and the bubble look like the one in the second pic.

I used the material that wrapped around the filter material for the overflow box, would this material works ?

I think I've seen pics of people using that stuff before. If not you can buy some enkamat P4, just search on ebay there's a guy selling it for like $8.

Archived