Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Most accurate brand of test kit?

kurtl000

i've been using the API kit for a month now. It's really good for the money. Has been keeping my tank alive for the past month so can't complain.

Salifert kits have had some problems recently...I think with their Ca/Alk tests specifically.

I'm now using Elos kits and so far, they've worked great. Pricey, but if they can help prevent any problems and help my corals grow better, then I think they're worth it!

+1 on the API test kits as well. My LFS was having a 25% off sale on them so I recently switched to them. Fairly inexpensive and seem to do a good job.

I've had 2 API test kits and both of them were way off on the calcium. My other kit and LFS tested at 380 and API was over 500. It is highly unlikely that my calcium was over 500 seeing that I don't dose anything.

Hach is going to be the best kit type testing but they are pricey and you'll have to order on-line. LaMotte is also good. Both these companies are analytical testing companies not related to the aquarium industry, so they are not always the most user-friendly, but you did state accuracy. Their tests are certified by the EPA (if applicable)

Archived