Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Oooh noo, it's over!

Dennis_said

Dennis_said

MARINEDEPOT just ran out of their SALIFERT REEF KIT!! :(

My buddy called, and they said it'd take 2-3 months til a new supply comes in...

Any advice on what I can do at this point? Should I go for a different brand from marinedepot?

Thanks!

Dennis_said

Sucks :(

How are the SeaCHEM tests? The guy at MARINEDEPOT said I can replace the Salifert w/ that... anybody have any positiive or negative experiences w/ teh Marine tests or Reef tests by SeaChem?

Thanks!

Dennis_said

Did a search of SeaCHEM, maybe I'm just blind, but it didn't really say much about whether they're accurate or not... anybody?? :)

Dennis, SeaChem isn't the easiest test kit in the world to use. They're fairly accurate, but very very finicky. For my money, I'd look online to try and find some more Salifert kits. Marine Depot can't be the only place to find them.

Dennis_said

Ah thanks for the advice FlyGTI... well I also like the SeaChem because they are a lot cheaper... I know I get what I pay for... but what do you mean by finiky and can it be done?

They're really hard to get to read right. Lots of color matching, and stuff like that. If you end up buying some of their higher end test kits (like their white boxed calcium kit), they're incredibly hard to read properly.

Trust me. I used to maintain $10- and $15- thousand dollar tanks, and this is what we trusted their water parameters with. Pay the money. It's definitely worth it.

I'm pretty certain that every reefer here will agree with me on that. If you can get them, don't waste your time or money on anything else.

Archived