Top Shelf Aquatics

CPR Skimmer for BC29 (SR3)

briancv

I have a CPR SR3 skimmer for sale that I used for about two weeks in the back of my Biocube 29 that I have decided to no longer use. It works great, I just decided that I wanted to use the chamber for extra live rock and an outgoing pump for my chiller. These bad boys retail for about 149.99 + shipping. I still have the instructions, the original pump, the o-ring, the cup w/ cover, even a warranty cad that is not filled out. I am asking 115 + shipping. If you are in the Phoenix, AZ metro area, let me know and we can work out a shipping cost free plan.

If you are not familiar with the sr3, it was designed to fit in the tight second chamber space of the Oceanic Biocube 29 without the need to modify the hood in any way, shape or form. In short, no dremel needed.

Pictures available upon request.

I am willing to accept 100 plus shipping (except for the Phoenix Metro area and possibly all the way down to Tucson).

www.NanoFishStore.com
Bump.

How would I go about posting a picture of this bad boy on the forum?

Here is picture of what it looks like just in case people or wondering:

mrt_8.jpg

I had microbubbles until I added fish to the tank, then they went away immediately. Though, like all CPR skimmers, you have to play with the cup height to get it just right. As far as noise issues, I couldn't hear any change in noise with it in the tank. The loudest thing on my BC29 is my modified fans for the Nano Customs MH lights I have in the hood.

how is it compared to the saphire aquatics skimmer?? is it quiet? microbubbles??

Thanks for the picture, but you are not entirely correct. Your picture is of the SR2. The SR3 eliminates the 90 degree angle on the tubing from the pump. Also, the made an angled cut in the body to bring the pump more underneath the cup so that it would fit in the BC29 chamber. Futher, they added a couple of extra chambers to eliminate microbubbles. CPR finally has their own picture up, follow this link for the official pics:

http://www.cpraquatic.com/products/skimmers.html

Here is picture of what it looks like just in case people or wondering:

mrt_8.jpg

Archived