Top Shelf Aquatics

FishHeaded's 10g

FishHeaded

Nice upgrades man

Thanks Kray. You cop that new GZA??

Looks like some exciting stuff on the way!

Thanks! Haha, I just sprayed the back of the 10 AGA today. I get my metal halides tomorrow, so I will be switching tanks soon. How is your tank doing? My leather died... :(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl

i cant wait to see what your gonna do with that aga! sorry to hear bout your leather. i seem to have leather issues too.

~the squirrel

i cant wait to see what your gonna do with that aga! sorry to hear bout your leather. i seem to have leather issues too.

~the squirrel

Thanks squirrel, I am pretty excited, can't wait to get started. Yeah the leather was beautiful the first couple week and all of a sudden it went downhill in a matter of days. I was devostated :( I think it was lack of flow, hopefully when I switch I will try again since I will have more flow with koralias.

squirrelieygrrrl

i know what thats like to be heartbroken over a death, i was literally bummed for months after my clam died.

good luck with your future endeavor!

i know what thats like to be heartbroken over a death, i was literally bummed for months after my clam died.

good luck with your future endeavor!

Thanks!

Dang sorry about your tank crash with the clam. I honestly would probably leave the hobby for awhile if my tank crashed. Are you ever going to get another clam? I am going to try one in the new 10AGA once I get my suppliments.

squirrelieygrrrl

yea im definitely going to get another.

for now im still having a little instability so ive gotta wait till its perfect again. lol, i could barely look at my tank right after it happened. to be honest it still feels empty with out the clam.

this time around im going for the sundial 150w halide, with actinic. comes out to 200 some odd watts.

yea im definitely going to get another.

for now im still having a little instability so ive gotta wait till its perfect again. lol, i could barely look at my tank right after it happened. to be honest it still feels empty with out the clam.

this time around im going for the sundial 150w halide, with actinic. comes out to 200 some odd watts.

I know whatcha mean, my tank feels so empty w/o the center yellow fiji.

Nice, I would like to get MH with actinic but it is too expensive for my taste. :lol:

squirrelieygrrrl

the sundial is actually reasonably priced at the drs, 300 bucks. not bad imo when you compare it to others like it.

UPDATE: Finally switched from 10g flat back hex to 10g aga now with 70w MH. :D Enjoy!

DSC00296.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

Picture of old tank before the switch:

IMG_0126.jpg

Switch complete, water is still cloudy

cloudy-1.jpg

Sorry for the reflection. Similar but now with a cave..

IMG_0134.jpg

sps & clams soon to come! :)

xenia is going to shrink a lil, move it to the bottom so it will have to stretch for the lights

also, sweet up grades. btw

Any opinions on the 70W MH yet? I'm agonizing over whether 70 or 150 would be better. (Or just stick with 55w PC and noon time sun. ;) )

keep us posted.

-hank

xenia is going to shrink a lil, move it to the bottom so it will have to stretch for the lights

also, sweet up grades. btw

Thanks! :) No can do on the xenias, its attached to the rock. so if I were to move it I would have to rescape, but they have been near the top ever since I got them so they should be fine.

Any opinions on the 70W MH yet? I'm agonizing over whether 70 or 150 would be better. (Or just stick with 55w PC and noon time sun. ;) )

keep us posted.

-hank

Hey hank, I had 64w pc lights before and it got the job done but I absolutely love the MH and have not looked back. As far as 70 or 150, some have told me that 150w might be a little overkill for a 10 and others have had success with it. The 70 I think is perfect for me and plus I got a killer deal :D Temps are pretty stable with the viper (80-81 no fan/chiller) I don't know how the 150w would be though..

Hey hank, I had 64w pc lights before and it got the job done but I absolutely love the MH and have not looked back. As far as 70 or 150, some have told me that 150w might be a little overkill for a 10 and others have had success with it. The 70 I think is perfect for me and plus I got a killer deal :D Temps are pretty stable with the viper (80-81 no fan/chiller) I don't know how the 150w would be though..

wow ur tank is cool.. hows the MH and the heat issue?
  • 2 weeks later...
Mischeif Nite

Love the new scape after the switch....was a shame about the leather....that thing was gorgeous!!

Future plans/financial endeavors???

Love the new scape after the switch....was a shame about the leather....that thing was gorgeous!!

Future plans/financial endeavors???

Thanks, I thought the old scape was a bit too archie. Yeah, the day I lost the leather was a sad day :( I miss its vibrant colors.

I plan on stocking the whole top half of the tank with sps and the bottom lps and softies. Also I plan on getting a clam after getting my perams in check and researching more. :)

Nice tank!!!!!!!! Tagging along, good luck with the SPS :D Just make sure your water quality is pristine, and you will have no problem :D That goes for the clam as well :D

-David

Nice tank!!!!!!!! Tagging along, good luck with the SPS :D Just make sure your water quality is pristine, and you will have no problem :D That goes for the clam as well :D

-David

Thanks! :) Nice to know you are taggin along on a tank like mine when you have a tank like yours :lol: Most definitely water quality is key, hopefully I can maintain calcium perams when I add the clam and it gets filled with sps.

UPDATE!: Finally got my first sps! I know its quite boring, but I've always wanted one...a monti cap :P Also got a frag of some pinkish zoas. I will post pics soon!

Mischeif Nite
Thanks! :) Nice to know you are taggin along on a tank like mine when you have a tank like yours :lol: Most definitely water quality is key, hopefully I can maintain calcium perams when I add the clam and it gets filled with sps.

UPDATE!: Finally got my first sps! I know its quite boring, but I've always wanted one...a monti cap :P Also got a frag of some pinkish zoas. I will post pics soon!

That's awesome about the cap....I love mine and I think they make great center pieces

That's awesome about the cap....I love mine and I think they make great center pieces

Thanks, yeah I love it. It already grew like half an inch. Its kinda dark redish/orange. I couldn't identify which zoas I got, but I will definitely post pics tomorrow.

Looks like my cap! Love it! That's a really great piece J! Sorry I can't help on the zoas. I haven't graduated to zoas and palys yet. They're my next hurdle.

Looking great!

Archived