Pod Your Reef

Teclima Micro vs. Azoo Thermoelectric

sammy33

Lunchbucket

00000008-20030401111542-799.jpg

that is the OLD style PC 1/10hp.

pc-280.jpg

that is the new one!!!

no idea about the via aqua. as far as i know they are all internal but i have NOT read up on them

Lunchbucket

reefyoyo, heres the link to the via aqua chiller that I purchased from ebay. The thing works like a charm. My tank is now consistently in between 79 and 79.5 degrees. Even with ambient temperature at 92.heres the link

My tank has not been getting as hot since I raised the lights (would peak at 86f before!). I also removed the plastic strip on the back of the glass cover. Increased the evaporation rate but my temp has been about 79-81f. This is probably still too warm for Catalina gobies but I am much happier with the temp.

My ambient temp in the day is about 78-80f with the AC going. I bought a programmable thermostat ($45) from home depot to control my central AC. This has helped as the AC comes on as needed. I am for too lazy to remember to change the temp setting and the new thermostat does this for me. ;)

Lunchbucket
This is probably still too warm for Catalina gobies but I am much happier with the temp

if i remeber correctly they need like high 60's water...they are NOT good choices for fish tanks unless you plan on keeping the water COLD!!

Lunchbucket

• 2 weeks later...

Archived