inTank Media Baskets

120 Gallon Monster...mutates into a 156 Gallon Beast!

eddie29

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 O'clock News

We were able to catch up with aussie C. Rostratus as he left the embassy trying to apply for a visa.

Tank%20037.jpg

He was quoted as saying "you guys didn't catch me at my best, but I'll be in Eddie's Reef in a few weeks, there were some issues with my visa." We well keep you updated as him and the other new residents start to move in.

In other news, it appears that Mrs. P Anthia's condition is not improving. She currently is lethargic and her proganois is not good. Dr. L. Amboinensis was quoted as saying "at this time we can only pray."

this just in...

Mrs. P Dispar did not make it. No foul play is suspected. Dr. L Amboinensis confirmed death to be 9:07 PM. Her friends and family were next to year as she passed away to fish heaven. Our condolenses to the family.

well on further news unrelated to news broadcasts

the blond naso tang is in and in QT, so is the Australian CBB. The lfs has been kind enough (aka I had to pay for food) to QT them and to take care of them while I'm in job orientation in Florida. I leave on Sat morning and come back 2 weeks later....people please start praying. My parents both have their Ph.D. but they sometimes forget to do things and without the skimmer and sump my worries are a bit greater. I did a 30 gallon change today and plan to do another one on Friday before I leave. Also the new light will be here Thursday, I wish more stores were located in the midwest and not all the way in California. I'm spoiled by Premium Aquatics being a 2 day UPS delivery.

I spent most of August out of town and you saw what happened to my 20L holding tank. But usually, I've never had a problem with vacations. As long as your lights are on timers and your top off has been running awhile, you shouldn't have any issues. Personally, I don't even like to have people feed the tank while I'm gone. I tried an auto fish feeder, but it seems to have died a slow death after I dropped it in the tank. Oh, and I was wondering about how much rock just to get a better idea of what I need. I've got 90lbs coming today, plus 50-60 lbs I already have. I may need to put some in the sump.

well depending on the type of aquascape you want to create then you might need more or considerably less rock, in my 240 cube i might only have about 200 lbs could be more, could be less

I guess I'm just used to the smaller tanks I've had where I've used 1.5x the volume. But I will definitely try to keep it open for the fish, and just put any extra in the sump for filtration. The fiji I ordered was a very good price, and I threw in some tonga deep water stuff for looks since marshall island has gotten so expensive and fiji just generally doesn't look like much.

hmm i beg to differ on the fiji, i have incredible fiji pieces...here are some pics

this is a little after i started up my 125, about 2-3 months, at the end everyone one of my pieces was completely coraline covered

FTS.jpg

Mine has great corraline coverage too, but shape wise, the best I ever had was Marshall Island. I'm hoping the tonga pieces have better shapes, but we'll see tonight.

tonga is great for branch like pieces, for liverock that is hand picked to your specifications you should of went with www.pacificeastaquaculture.com they have a sale going on with fiji premium hand picked and tonga fusion hand picked liverock, you tell them what you want and they send you a picture and you go from there

I will definitely need to try them in the future, especially since they're so close. I'm not really sure what I want, just some interesting shapes. I guess I'm just used to aquascaping/working with whatever I get. As long as I can work in some caves, overhangs, and/or tunnels and keep some sand bed space for open brains/scolymias, then I'll be happy.

In 5 O'Clock news....

There apparently was a shift in the earth's orbit and there was a early winter solstice causing the Eddie's Reef to see an early summer...

Pics of the tank with the new lighting will be up as soon as I get it hung up but I love it so far!!!

i apparently do....this hanging bracket stuff is confusing me so far...I wish the directions weren't printed on the back of the bag that had the supplies, it my eagerness I went a bit crazy and tore it up pretty badly =(

oh I got it now, Greg at Reefgeek apparently had some nicer directions, but we figured it out and its going to get ugly now. I'm going to have to make a 1/2" hole to put this spring wing nut in to hold the wait.....perhaps one of the dumbest designs I've ever seen

the 48" 6 bulb fixture WITH bulbs is 799 and without is 719, obviously it makes sense to buy the bulbs since its 20 or so a bulb. I ended up with the Limited Edition Tek Fixture, improved reflectors versus the other ones and so far I'm pretty happy. When I had a 58, i used a 4 bulb 36" Tek fixture and my long plate coral was happy under 21" of water

I thought about it, but I already was waiting 2 weeks and Aquantics was backed up or something. I may never do a another hanging fixture again....the reef probably ain't seeing the sun tomorrow

ooo it will be fine, you should iof just tried to find studs in the ceiling to hang it from, thats what im doing for mine, and i cant believe they didnt have any, you should of gone through salty critter, AMAZING place dude and they ship anywhere in the country

Archived