Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

120 Gallon Monster...mutates into a 156 Gallon Beast!

eddie29

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is that you put the Velcro on?

I got a Sirius satellite receiver that had this suction cup thing you could use to mount on your car windshield. Worked great for it and I used the velcro because I wanted it centered. I bought an extra one to use for another for the wireless webcam but haven't gotten around to do it yet. I think I paid 7 dollars shipped via ebay. The controller has online stats, you can check the stats on my website

http://www.swfishtank.com

that looks like an awesome setup, what are your stocking plans?

heres the stock list buried back on page 1

Here are the stock plans

1 foxface lo

2 tomato clowns

1 yellow tang

1 naso tang

1 Australian Copperband Butterfly

5 Dispar Anthias

3 Tongan Anthias (still searching)

1 hi-fin goby

1 pistol shrimp

2 cleaner shrimp

15 more snails and 10 more crabs

1 sandshifting stars

2 emerald crab

The CBB is at the LFS, its from Australia and the pics of it in the holding tank can be seen a page back (pg 6)I'm working on the plumbing and hope to have the skimmer and sump connected start on Sat. I'm leaving for two days to do some audit work in Colorado so I got to wait till I get back

misc%20001.jpg

misc%20002.jpg

Pics of the sump in its home finally. Plumbing will be done tomorrow morning and hopefully I can get everything done before I go get my CBB.

looking good.

When you build your drains into the sump - build 'em like this:

mike_plumbing.jpg

The pipes circled have a hole in the top cap - this releaves air, and your drains will be very quiet, less air bubbles popping out of the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well a small update

plumbing is finally complete. I had been running the tank without standpipes for about 2 weeks cause i was lazing to cut the pieces of pvc. wow, took 1 minute and what a difference it makes. i should have found the motivation sooner. Also, I had been a bit relucant to get the ASD skimmer, but its a beast and i have to clean it every 3 days and its dark smelly stuff. Also I got a long tentacle plate coral and its doing very well. I'll post a pic during the Thanksgiving break.

• 2 weeks later...

another update

picked up 2 sleeper gobys that are actually a pair. I also got a salfin tang, its beauitful.

Does anyone have suggestions on a super powerful algae glass cleaner? My current mag-float algae cleaner sucks, ideas anyone?

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up with a Kent Pro Scraper, and that Hammerhead cleaner, its a beast. I played with one at the lfs and I was like I gots to have, and they said they don't carry them. I bought it off them, its amazing simply amazing

Heres another update:

The 156 should be here on Friday. Till then I will be needing to move things to containers since I sold the tank today. THe 156 is a foot longer, but its starphire....WOOOT WOoT

The custom sump should be here the following week. I should be receving the Panworld Px50X pump for my skimmer and the Panworld PX100 for the return tomorrow from "santa".

I've also should receive my Vortech pump with battery backup come Friday, that'll be nice to have just to have a backup if the power goes out. I think I'll add another one when I can afford it. I'v also ordered a UV system for the tank.

If anyone wants a 48" Tek fixture or skimmer give me a shout!

Merry Christmas

Vortech came in today, I can't find my memory card otherwise I'd take a pic. Tank should be here tomorrow. I've ordered a few things this time around that I have a custom stand being built that I know I will enjoy having the comfort. I also sent my RK2 for repair

DL Power Switch - for the items not needed to be controlled by my RK2

Also, ordered the glass doors from ikea for the stand...they look amazing but set me back 150 dollars =0

Still looking for a 60" fixture, otherwise its custom canopy and as broke as I am don't really want to do that

Alright I went some shopping and bought 4 bags on sand. The tank did not arrive today, but I did get to play with the Vortech pump in the bathroom and wow its fun.

I'll post pics here in a second, I'm still looking for this stupid memory card.

Also, I was with the cabinet maker for the last 2 hours and we finally got everythig taken care of. I'm building the frame out of 3/4" steel square tubing on Monday and getting powercoated red. The skin will be applied on Wed most likely. I'll post pics, I wish I could do it this weekend but the shop isn't open on the weekends =(

the tank didn't show up....the lfs called the rep and apparently oceanic neglected to mention how it was a special delivery item and would need an additoinal 2-3 weeks :(

Alright, so the entire time I was planning on going smaller then I found a starphire tank at a very reasonable price and decided that with my parents help that I could maintain the tank especially during these next few months of my busy audit season.

DSC_0018.JPG

Heres a pic of my vortech pump controller. Theres really not much to report of the tank, still waiting for it. I can tell you a few plans for the sump and what not.

The sump will be custom made ASD sump or a 50 breeder depending on the amount of space under the stand that I will get. I'll update as things come along, it might tank a while since we are suppose to get year end numbers next week Wed and they are already talking about finding a decent place for lunch on Sat and Sun =(

small update:

the lfs called, the tank should be here on the 10th now. Also the dj power strip came in allowing me to control the things that don't need to be connected to the RK2.

I should be picking up the stand tomorrow, which will be interesting since I told them I didn't care what color the powercoating is. They told me they do it for 10 dollars, which is cost for them since I didn't care

What made you upgrade so quickly?

the price of only 450 and the fact its starphire =)

I got confirmation that it'll be here Friday the 17th for sure....finally. Also my lfs because of the long wait has decided to give me store credit for all the fish i had to give away.....great customer service!!

Archived