Top Shelf Aquatics

Help from any other NYC Reefers

realhiphop

realhiphop

My tank is about 8 months old. I don't have a tremendous population of detrivores in my tank. Algae usually build on my sandbed and I don't have that many organisms stirring the sand.

As you all know, detrivore kits are pretty expensive. I was looking at inland aquatics. It's 60$ for a kit. I have a 10 gallon tank and don't need a kit to seed a 55 gallon tank.

So now I look to my fellow NYC reefers for some help. I live in Brooklyn. I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any healthy detrivores or live sand they'd be willing to send me. I'll pay for shipping and all other expenses.

Thanks again.

Please PM me

Jonathan

Or go to www.manhattanreefs.com

There's quite a few B'lyn reefers there who I'm sure will toss you some sand. The Brooklyn Reef Club is a great group to turn to as well. I'm in Williamsburg most Thursday nights. If you're willing to meet me on Lorimer and Grand, I'll bring you a bag of mine.

And get some nassarius snails. Best stirrers in all of reefdom.

Originally posted by Crakeur

once nice conch will do the work of several nass snails.

If you go with the conch: avoid hermits....I've got some BIG hermits rolling around in conch shells.....expensive little hat to buy for these little jerks.

Originally posted by Satchmo

If you're willing to meet me on Lorimer and Grand, I'll bring you a bag of mine.

You ARE referring to snails here, right Satch?:

I'm trading a bunch of stomatellas for ceriths this week, and highly recommend a mixture of various snails in a nano tank.

Check into a meeting @ BAS (Where I see you've posted on their RC thread: good move) or throw that same request into the trading/sellilng forums out on RC's threads with a title like "Need cleaning crew in Brooklyn": bet you get some answers. I know there are a bucnh of the fellers out that way that will kick in.

Worst case, PM Pseudo Boy and offer him some Henessey from Kennerd and he'll point you in the right direction.

Ken

Originally posted by kennerd

You ARE referring to snails here, right Satch?

I was referring to some of the kind, but yeah -I guess I could throw in some snails.

real- your pm box runneth over. My no-longer-private reply:

I'm from Marine Park, but live in Jersey now. You'll definitely be able to find someone more local through RC, the BAS, or manhattanreefs. But like I said, I'll gladly give you a bag of sand if you want to meet me in Williamsburg. Not there this Thursday but next week, more than likely.

Archived