ReefCleaners.org

Nano Fission skimmer BC29 in chamber 1

JCBioCube29

Look what the nano fission skimmer produced today. Remeber I have no bio-load just water. The actual test will be when i get my Live rocks I hope very soon........

IMG_0926.jpg

its not much and its very wet... i still think this is a pretty ineffective skimmer... if you are planning on keeping any sensetive corals you might as well just bite the bullet and get your self a real skimmer... a fision in a 29g is quite laughable... anyway if your happy with it and feel its doing a good job then congrats

Look what the nano fission skimmer produced today. Remeber I have no bio-load just water. The actual test will be when i get my Live rocks I hope very soon........

IMG_0926.jpg

Hi JB, I just installed the fission in chamber 1 as you did.

What I want to know is...did you get micro bubbles the first time you use it ?

thanks

Yes I did after about 5 days (I think) they statred to leave. Note Once the bubble reducing pad begins to get dirty the bubble are not able to leave from the skimmer as much ........ I still have some bubbles but almost all gone. Today i noticed that i was getting air in my return hose to the tank. Today i am going to put plumbers tape on the connection b/w the hose and the plastic peice,,, I will keep you informed.

Yes I did after about 5 days (I think) they statred to leave. Note Once the bubble reducing pad begins to get dirty the bubble are not able to leave from the skimmer as much ........ I still have some bubbles but almost all gone. Today i noticed that i was getting air in my return hose to the tank. Today i am going to put plumbers tape on the connection b/w the hose and the plastic peice,,, I will keep you informed.

I have to tie the top part, bubble reducer pad, with a rubber because its so loose.

Do you still use the bio balls in chamber 2 ? i am thinking of using LR as many recommended.

Also have to look for the fan that you got in the lfs here.....the temp already increased :)

I am still using the bioballs going to give them a try... I used to have a 75 gallon salt water tank for 5 years and and some fish live that long with bioballs in the sump....... and weekly water changes.....

keep us informed of your progress

I was able to fit the skimmer in chamber 1, but I have no place to put the carbon filter. No room in chamber 3 at all. It was working very well in chamber 1 (no real bubbles also), but I got very aggravated that I couldn't put the carbon filter in also. I also tried putting the pump in chamber 3 and the skimmer in chamber 1 but the pump doesn't have enough juice to operate the skimmer from that far away. After about 2 hours, I decided to just put it in chamber 3 and leave it there until I find a solution to the microbubbles. I tried rubber-banding a pad around the grate but they still came out.

I am still using the bioballs going to give them a try... I used to have a 75 gallon salt water tank for 5 years and and some fish live that long with bioballs in the sump....... and weekly water changes.....

keep us informed of your progress

have to see in some days whether the micro bubble will go away or not. At least I already set it up like yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update Udate on the nano Fission still get yellow pee but when i toke out the bubble reducing pad it was all brown and smelled like s#$^&. in a way i guess it works. I am more about water changes that skimming in small tanks believe me when i had my 75gl. I loved the protein skimmer!!!!!!!!!@!!!!!!.

NOte it looks more brown and dirty in person

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

wow, i thought i was crazy for wanting to upgrade from an ER RS80 when i was running a 29g...

what kind of bioload do you have in that tank?

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update I got the nano fission to work more efficiently by setting the pump water flow to the lowest setting. By doing this i get much much less bubbles if any to reach the tank. When i changed my Stock bc29 pump to a Rio 6hf i began to get many bubbles in the tank b/c the pump would pull in so much water and so fast that the micro bubble got stuck in current (water going to the pump.) and I also placed a sponge between chamber one and two .....

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my nano fission skimmer IT SUCKS i finally gave up on it. It works ok but it gives out to much bubbles and since i Installed a rio 6hf i get more flow thus more bubbles end up in the water current to chamber 3. I am going to look at the berlin stryle skimmers and maybe make my own I Know red sea makes one called air-lift 60 and Lee's makes another one. i am going to see if they fit in chamber 1 ..... will keep you all posted...

blueeyeddevil
Update on my nano fission skimmer IT SUCKS i finally gave up on it. It works ok but it gives out to much bubbles and since i Installed a rio 6hf i get more flow thus more bubbles end up in the water current to chamber 3. I am going to look at the berlin stryle skimmers and maybe make my own I Know red sea makes one called air-lift 60 and Lee's makes another one. i am going to see if they fit in chamber 1 ..... will keep you all posted...

So what are you doing with this POS skimmer? Willing to sell it to me? Where you located?

Sorry blueeyeddevil i am going to keep it for the pump....... i just installed a red sea air-lift skimmer size 60 in my tank much ,uch 100 time better

• 4 months later...
Sorry blueeyeddevil i am going to keep it for the pump....... i just installed a red sea air-lift skimmer size 60 in my tank much ,uch 100 time better

Sorry to bring up such a old post.. But did the red sea air-lift skimmer fit in the first chamber (still have the entire top, no cutting/modifying to fit?)?

Thanks,

Mike

Archived