ReefCleaners.org

Nudibranks

TheUnfocusedOne

TheUnfocusedOne

i was at my lfs today n i saw one of those cool lil black n blue nudis and i was wondering, is it ever good to get one?

i know they feed off of flat worms, but is thier ever a tank large enough to sustain on forever?

or will it eventually run out of food n die?

i was at my lfs today n i saw one of those cool lil black n blue nudis and i was wondering, is it ever good to get one?

i know they feed off of flat worms, but is thier ever a tank large enough to sustain on forever?

or will it eventually run out of food n die?

I have never had one, so take this with a grain of salt and some research, but my understanding is that most nudi's will slowly starve to death. Anyone have any luck with them?

these nudis (berghia) eat ONLY flatworms. so unless you have a large population of them in a large tank, forget about them because they will starve to death. if your tank is small enough, the toxins they release on death may even crash the tank.

Billabong_Fish

i had a purle nudi in my old 10gal. it came out of nowhere.. actually maby it came with some zoas, and thats why i got rid of it cos i though it was one of those ones that eat them.. dahm how i regret that lol.

http://www.aquaticsworlduk.com/inverts.htm

http://www.exoticfish.com/details.cfm?cat=...p;id=37572&

i dont think i had any flat worms.. i guess the first link is right, it is a herbivore. so i would go for a purple one

I have never had one, so take this with a grain of salt and some research, but my understanding is that most nudi's will slowly starve to death. Anyone have any luck with them?

I bought one 5 yrs back back than I thought it ate brinse shrimp and pet store told me it did, Either way it was harmless towards other inverts and lived for months but shrunk steadily than disaperared imagined it died.

I have Atlantic rock back than it was "fresh" so imagine found something to eat but like the post said they eat flatworms .

they are great looking I must admit

I had a pink frilly looking nudi hitchhike in on some rocks and it lived for several months in my 24g. The biggest problem I had with it was it had a thing for crawling near the surface skimmer and had to be rescued several times. I don't know what it ate but it seemed to be doing fine. I eventually found it in the chamber after being sucked in and he didn't make it. Lettuce slugs are pretty cool too.

I have had some lettice slugs before, and those are super cool- they eat hair algea and were super fun to watch! Never seemed to hurt anythign, either - but they would get cught in the current and spin around sometimes, and needed rescueing on occasion.

-Zel

Archived