Coral Vue Hydros

I have a Question concerning my magnesium level

CeeTee

I'm using Kent Marine's "Tech-M" to raise my Mag level. However in the 2 days since i've started using it the level hasen't budged. Does ne1 know of a better product or will it go up in time?

current Mag level=1200

I think the Kent stuff is fairly dilluted. I use the SeaChem magnesium (dry form) and love it. Works well, very concentrated, and inexpensive. I'd give that a shot if you give up the Kent stuff.

Cameron

how much are you dosing ? and how big is the tank ?

I was really suprised at how much Tech-M it took to get my Mg levels up..it was down around 1260 (20gal) and it took 5 days of dosing 15ml each morning and evening of Tech-M to get it up to 1420..

-skeletor-

I use it on my 7 bow and my 150 system. I add it twice weekly to the 150 and around once a week on the 7. The bottle says it's one teaspoon per 20 gallons and that is what I need to maintain my levels so the 7 gets around 1/4 teaspoon......

The 300 gram bottle treats 1200 gallons and i boyght it for $4.99. If I used this soley on the bow this bottle would last me 171 weeks. I think that's a sweet deal.

I have used this on old customer tanks when the mag levels were around 1000 and it took around 3 doses (on consecutive days) to bring the levels up to 1500. Mind you these were 125 plus gallons full blown reefs. I think that was pretty fast. The effect should be much the same, if not faster, in a nano.

Cameron

Nishant3789

so if i got somemore mag my mangroves would start to grow faster? i think ill pick some up. how does this compare to epsom salts?

hey ceetee, mine didn't move much the first couple of days, it might take a few more before you start to see anything.

-skeletor-

It's been 3 days now and my Mag level is still 1200! Would it hurt my tank or the things in it if I doubled the dose, 20ml in the morning and 20 at night?

Originally posted by CeeTee

It's been 3 days now and my Mag level is still 1200! Would it hurt my tank or the things in it if I doubled the dose, 20ml in the morning and 20 at night?

I did this for a couple of days and it didn't hurt anything...

-skeletor-

Archived