Coral Vue Hydros

new 5 gallon cube

SLOreefer

well guys ive had this tank setup for about an hour now. it isnt much to look at and the lighting is a 25w incadescent bulb untill i can get my sea lights retro over it

ya liquid you inspired me. i fell in love with your tank once i got rid of my 10 and you made me come back. with a small college budget this is all the rock i could afford right now but it will slowly get built up. i even used the felt on the bottom like you did and it works great.

sloreefer: sup man =p they always come back. if you want those frags back later on let me know some of them are growing really fast.

thats good to hear tow-up. i never talked to you after i sent them. i migh thave to take you up on that but i might keep this tank zoos and rics for now. but ill definately let you know

ya i cant wait to get my lights up...anyone know where to get a good deal on the 27w quad lamp?

i got the tank at my local lfs. it was about 20 dollars which is a little high for a glass tank. i forget the brand that makes it though, if i remember ill ost.

update i got a 10w screw in pc made by coralife that is a 50/50. it makes everything look nice and also added about 3 pounds more of rock. 2 red shrroms almost burghandy came on the rock also.

can you give some more info. on your 10 w bulb. sounds like something i could use but i have looked all over the net and i can't find anything. thanks for any help.

Fuzz

Those 10watt pc's are just like the regular screw in's you see at your local hardware store, except one side is supposed 03 actinic. I have one and I love the color of the 10k side although the blue side is kinda well weaksauce and leaves somethings to be desired. Anyway, It isn't worth it in my opinion if you need more wattage like 40watts or more. It makes a nice add on or even a braight moonlight though.

it is called coralife mini compact flourescent 50/50. it is a self ballast screw in that is liek the energy saver bulbs. it puts out a nice color but the blue is pretty dim. this is just untill i get my retro all wired up and new timers and stuff. i got it at my lfs for 13 bucks .

Nice rock. You now have me thinking about a designer setup with a 5 gallon cube and a 2.5 on each side. Nano or not, this is a very dangerous addiction ... I mean hobby.

definately an addiction. i jsut sold my 10 gallon stuff about 3 weeks ago so i didnt have a tank to take care of. now here i am setting up another one.

• 1 month later...

alright so i dont know how to use a diital camera...i know the colors suck in the pictures..i swear they are much better in person

Archived