SaltCritters.com

Almost there

threeman33

threeman33

Ok. After a month of doing nothing but research and finally deciding on starting a nano, I am almost there.

So far I have two aquaclear 201 PH's with quick connect filters, one Pen 125 HOB filter (bio-wheel is still in planning on removing it from what I have read), and a 150 watt jager heater all in a 29 gal bow front. Next purchase will be a 2x65watt corallife PC. Then will come water, LR, and LS. I am planning on just getting 10 lbs of LR at first and then gradually add enough to get it up to at least 30 lbs or so.

Right now I am unsure on what dirrection to put the PH's. Also I am unsure if they are completly submersible or not. The instructions never really mentioned whether they were or not.(I never had any experince with PH's in fresh water)

I'm just looking for opinions about the system I am building. Wondering if there are any pit falls to what I am doing yet. I am planning on keeping one clown (not sure on what type yet), a high fin cardinal, and maybe a blue damsile. Also I am wanting to put some softies in as well.

So what do y'all think? So far so good?

Thanks in advance for any info

the powerheads are more likely than not submersible.

You might wanna consider getting a more powerful lighting system.. Its not copletely a necessity but that setup would put you at the low end of the spectrum, even for softies. Other than that you are sounding pretty solid.

I wouldn't worry about direction yet. You won;t really figure out what to do until your live rock is placed and you find out where the "dead" spots are. Live rock will do a lot to trap and block current so you'll be adjusting them a little once the rock is in there.

I would suggest getting all the rock at once. For one reason, you would get a better price and second, you will only cycle your tank once. Adding a batch of rock and then little by little will possibly create nitrite/ammonia bursts constantly and it'll be a while before you get to add corals and stuff. Just a suggestion.....otherwise everything sounds good.

Cameron

threeman33

Yeah your right Satchmo. It refers to the drinking game as well as many other meanings. That's why I have to post some of these questions I have.

I understand what your saying Physh1, but I bought an empty tank in march for this project. All that I have in it is a stuffed clownfish and pics of high fin cardinals. I may just have to wait a few more months though for the LR. I will be happier in the long run.

Archived