Cultivated Reef

yellow polyps

cjm033

i got a yellow polyp rock 2 weeks ago for my 2.5 everything was open and great till about 2 or 3 days ago. everything elese in the tank is fine and dandy opening. except the polyps anybody have any ideas? i did a water change last night thinking that was it ,Chris

thats what i wanna know. what are they doing? lol . i have 2 13 watt pc's over the tank 1 65 k 1 50/50 im gonn agte new bulbs soon hopefully. im pretty sure its not the bulbs or lights because my other corals are doin fine and dandy i have 2 hairy shrooms,some zoos that i am rescuing, brown butotn polyp,brown zoos, green stripe shroom,red shroom. and hopefully something new this week if i fidn out whats goin on with these guys,Chris

Anything close enough to touch them? How is the current near them? Take a real close look at the rock to see if there may be any critters taking up shop there irritating them.

Cameron

that might be it theres a ton of little shrmp crawling around them i never thought of the obvious. they are in a medium flow i was thinkof adding a powerhead for more movement but not sure yet. anything i can do to rid the shrimp? i was thinking of getn a baby false perc for the tank my lfs sells ones the size of quarters. or i was thinking of shrimp goby/pistol shrimp combo again since my citron goby died b/c it had a parasite on its gills.

The current sounds ok but I think the shrimp are doing it. Polyps close up pretty quick when annoyed:D.

Yo could either move the rock or try to swoon the shrimp to another spot. What kinda shrimp? Did you have something lay some eggs?

Cameron

i think there gammarus. they might have laid eggs there thoguh most of the tank. on the shrooms,in the rocks,on the filter,glass. theres also pods everywhere. i have to clean the glass of before i take pics in stuff. im almost wandering if i could get a scooter blenny? do you think it might strive inthere for a while and find it another home later. per say the lfs and exchange it for a clown lol.i need to find a way to get rid of these damn shrimp there getn annoying. im gonna do another small waterchange to see if thatll help. there are a few polyps that do open but not fully ill see what i can do hopefully something to get rid of the little bastards since theres hundreds of them,Chris

Archived