Top Shelf Aquatics

GOT TO BE F KIDDIN ME

xJoshx

i bought a Horse Shoe Crab like 2 weeks ago and he's been doing good NOW I JUST FOUND HIM BORROWED DOWN INTO MY SEABE NEME WTF he's all in the mouth of it and ######.

GRRR idk what to do to him

OK, if I've got this right............

Anemone just ate your horse shoe crab. Right?

I would just wait for it to spit out the remains consider it a learning experience.

Um lol u kiddin me that nem hasnt ever ate anything How can a Horse shoe crab be attacked or Affected by the stingers? it has a exo skeleton? But the horse shoe crab can eat soft tissue?

you've never fed your anemone? interesting... how long have you had it? how does it look? hope you have a mh mod in that nc. sebae anemones are hard to keep. they must be fed regularly and they need strong lighting. and they get very big.

if an anemone can't sting it, it can still eat it's dead body.

a horseshoe crab will grow larger than the footprint of a 12g nanocube. please do more research before making anymore purchases. these are live animals we are taking care of. not just toys that look cool.

Tim

If you would post pics and provide more details you would receive better answers.

From what you have posted, I can only imagine that you mean it has "burrowed" down into the center which is the mouth. Sounds like the anemone is consuming the crab to me. Also, if you will stop and think about it, depending on the size of the anemone, and the size of the crab, it is very possible for the anemone to capture the crab even if it can't sting it simply because it can cling to the shell of the crab with it's tentacles, then fold it over into it's mouth to be consumed.

lol im to lazy to update my Icon it's in a 55gallon

dsc00967zf2.jpg

my nem is very healthy and u dont need MH to keep a nem.

i just stabbed the HSC with a Needle and the nem has opend up enough for me to pull out the LIVING HSC he was just took a 130degree Bath kthx.

ahh k. your signature only says 55g fw and 12g sw.

if the crab is borrowed into the anemone and the anemone still looks healthy, chances are that the anemone is eating the crab.

you do need strong lighting for a sebae. this taken from marinedepotlive.com:

Sebae Anemone, Long Tentacle - Heteractis crispa

Also known as: Leather Anemone, Radianthus keukenthali

Color: The Sebae Anemone, Long Tentacle has a purple, pink, tan, lavendar, brown, green color.

Diet: Carnivore.

Feeding: It likes to eat filter feeding invert food, Mysis Shrimp, micro-plankton a few times per week, when open. Likes to have very small bits of raw shrimp or silversides..

Behavior: The Heteractis crispa is generally aggressive toward other tankmates.

Care: Many consider the Heteractis crispa a high-maintenance specimen.

Lighting: Has strong lighting needs.Symbiotic algae zooxanthellae are hosted within this organism.

Water flow: The Leather Anemone, Radianthus keukenthali requires intermediate water flow.

General notes: Appearance will vary significantly. Lives symbiotically with clownfish (Amphiprion chrysopterus). Flowers of the sea? Hardly. Most anemones are marine; but they are definitely animals, just a step or two up from the "tissue-grade" life that is the sponges, phylum Porifera. The trade in these stinging-celled animals is brisk, and well it should be; many species are reasonably available and hardy, undemanding aquarium fare. This series offers an overview of aquatic life natural history, and captive care. This installment deals with the polypoid cnidarians (coelenterates) we call anemones. Try imagining a reef system, photograph, television show, fish store without anemones. Hard to do, isn't it? Anemones are seemingly ubiquitous fixtures in all these. Check out our Anemone & Clownfish Symbiotic Chart.

Water parameters: Keep water quality high (SG 1.023 - 1.025, pH 8.1 - 8.4, Temp. 72 - 78° F).

Origin: The Sebae Anemone, Long Tentacle is commonly collected from Tonga, Fiji.

Tim

the crab was your attempt to have a sifter wasnt it?

your nem ok? personally i would have microwaved it....

i bet youll do your homework next time.....

im gonna stab him with a spear and then boil him, well see how he likes it

:eek: OK, I don't want to be rude or anything.............

BUT THAT WAS TOOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha::haha::haha:

picture i posted if u read the Date thats from march.

he's all shrunk up and his tents are shrivled but i got 4x65w pc when i got the crab out he had small bits of nem he was eatting And i felt like having HSC soup.

pc isn't enough for a sebae anemone.

so your horseshoe crab killed your anemone, and then you killed your horseshoe crab. two losses in one day.

somehow, i doubt josh will do his homework. he didn't in the first place, which is why he ended up with a sebae anemone under pc lighting and a horseshoe crab in a 55g tank, which he ended up eating.

some people say ignorance is bliss... this is a good example as to why our reefs are dying off and more animals are becoming endangered and extinct.

Tim

WOW, a lot of you are #######s. You can keep an anemone under pc. My LFS has an anemone, its 4 timnes bigger then it was 6 months ago, looks great. Its in a biocube 8. stock lighting. Then another store in town, has anemones that didn't last two months . But they were 24" under 130 watts of pc. That sucks. I also have an anemone in a biocube 8. Its a pink tipped. It looks great. I keep my water quality good, fed with micro vert and feed him a feeder small twice a month. He is much larger then when I got him. If he continues to look good I will move him to my fo 15 gal. He will be under 1 28 watt no t5 and one t5 ho, yet to get. Will be a nice one though. the no was just to get sarted with fish. But give him a break. Saltwaterfish.com says their HSC aren't going to get that big. Could have happened to any of us.

post-29890-1186890758_thumb.jpg

post-29890-1186890792_thumb.jpg

post-29890-1186890826_thumb.jpg

ive had this seabe for about 9-10 months under 4x65wat pc on old PC bulbs ahha so eh

picture284yu8.jpg

This is what he ust to look like lol Before i got him a few months later he looked like this

dsc00967zf2.jpg

ill get pictures after i got the crab out. l8er tho

Imma gunna Say thats a healthy Nem under PC SO I KNOW PC SUCK so give me ur money to buy a new lighting system? No then STFU

Archived