ReefCleaners.org

hermit crab?

ocxtammy

my hermit crab was eating my zoos. does this mean my zoos r dying? or should i take my hermit crab out?

do you like your zoos or your crab more? what kind of hermit is he? It seems wierd but I would take him out if he was eating my zoos, that is a definite "no no" in my tank...you eat the coral you either go to prison (fuge) or back to the LFS

do you like your zoos or your crab more? what kind of hermit is he? It seems wierd but I would take him out if he was eating my zoos, that is a definite "no no" in my tank...you eat the coral you either go to prison (fuge) or back to the LFS

i have no idea what kind of crab he is.. he has black legs haha i dont know if this matters but the zoos came off a lr i purchased the other day the lfs

Featherdusters
i have no idea what kind of crab he is.. he has black legs haha i dont know if this matters but the zoos came off a lr i purchased the other day the lfs

So you bought them recently? My cleanup crew goes crazy whenever I add something new to the tank. I also added some zoas too. Most of my crabs came by to do some cleaning with the help of my snails. After a couple of days your crab should loose interest. Is he only picking at the new zoas?

oh...i thought for sure he was eating your zoos...make sure he is really nipping them..otherwise he is just cleaning the new rock...it is like throwing a new treat into the tank... you will hear of some shrimp and fish that nip or eat at corals but I havn't heard of crabs...if you are 100% sure it is eating the zoos then really observe the situation then decide if you need to get rid of the crab or not.

Archived