Cultivated Reef

zoas closed up

antonym518

I got a rock covered in zoas, 75 or more. The problem is that half of them have been closed up for about 36 hours. My lfs suggested micro vert and feed with a small syringe. Which I did. They are in a biocube 8. WAter conditions tested today nitrites and amonia 0. Did a water change the day before I got them. Have a clown and a anemone. But the anemone hasn't moved. So I don't think it came in too contact with them. Lfs thought that the anemone could be taking a lot of food, out of the water, from the other inverts. I have 4 small hermits and 2 medium ones. Also two snails, and a peppermint shrimp. But they all should be getting enough food from the times I feed the clown. Usually drop one to two pellets at a time. Untill the clown stops taking them, around 2 mins. Is there enough food for the hermits? I went ahead and fed the anemone today, giving it a small feeder. Took it right out of my hand and sucked it down. What else can I do? The biocube is stock lighting. I don't think it is water conditions or lighting because the anemone is doing so good.

joel sandoman

sometimes zoas close up for up to a week at a time for apparently NO reason. Mine do it once in a while.

*Edit* spelling

sometimes zoas close up for up to a week at a time for apparently NO reason. Mine do it once in a while.

*Edit* spelling

Would 56 watts 2 10000k 2 atinic Normal output, be enough to have zoas, and have them looking good? They would only be about 8 inches away from the bulbs.

if you can put them on the bottom of the tank then slowly rise them up.

What do you mean? Also if I use three 2x14 watt fixtures how would you run the lights? Back 2x14 watt 10000k then middle strip 1 atinic 1 10000k then front 2 atinic?

I mean, put them at the lowest point of your tank. Then keep putting them up higher till there where you want them, you need to acclimate it to your lighting.

Archived