Top Shelf Aquatics

Nemo

caja

based on yot's description that kit doesn't sound that bad. yot shouldn't expect much of a cycle as everything is fresh. (recent that is) altho i don't think i'd let the lfs screw me for $250 for a FOWLR setup. i'm a much more expensive ho'! :P he'll maybe get a diatom bloom and a small spike if the LR/LS had something disturbed but yot's is an experienced saltie (13 yrs), i think he can handle it.

the problem is, that most folks aren't as experienced. my brother has about twenty years of sw and 26+ years of fw but even he knows from 'recently' (only about 5 yrs of reefing) watching me from afar that he shouldn't just jump into reefing without a lot researching and growing pains. he knows this much because of his significant sw experience.

regular folk are going to snap this crap up and kill a LOT of nemos. :*( consider: the average person has trouble keeping goldfish alive for pete's sake. X) even if most of them stick to just FO or FOWLR there should be significant mortality rates imo.

but alas, the empire and the dark side are just too strong! :P

Ummmm ...... yeah actually I don't think its such a bad deal. A nice piece of marketing if implemented properly.

The tank cycling isn't really an issue. You send them home with the gear, a leaflet explaining the cycling issue, top up et al, premixed saltwater and give them a dated coupon that they bring back after its cycled in exchange for the animals. You could even give them a sampling container that they fill with their tankwater and bring back for free testing to ensure that all is well with the water before adding fishies. Only THEN do you exchange the coupons for the livestock.

The main concern in my mind is the bioload with the two clowns.

P.S. I loved that movie. Dame Edna did a nice job as Bruce the Shark.

Nishant3789

HI my name is bruce and im a great white shark. Ive gone 3 full weeks without eating a fish. FISH ARE FRIENDS NOT FOOD.! lol i love that one

Archived