SaltCritters.com

Lighting, help!

adelro28

I'm new to the hobby and would like a little help.

I have a 10 gal with an Eclipse 1 twin bulp hood.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of bulps to use in the hood for an environment condusive to some clown fish?

Any help would be great.

Your clown fish would be fine with the stock lighting. fish do not care about lighting other than a photo period. It is only if you want coral that you need to be concerned about lighting.

I was thinking of just puting in a few soft corals and some cleaning crew critters, just some really harty basic stuff.

Any suggestions ?

Provided Each bulb is 15 watts, you can use either 2x 50/50 bulbs, or 1xActinic and 1x10000k. It would only be about 30 watts, but shrooms and zoanthids and other super low light softies would be okay, but would not really thrive. it you intend it to be mostly a FOWLR then it should be okay.

Thanks for the input.

I'm just planning on a pair of clownfish and a few soft corals.

Due to space and financial restrictions a 10 gal is all I can do.

I havn't even begun setting up yet due to the possibility of a move in the near future.

I'm trying to do as much research as possible. I'm hoping to run simple to care for (as simple as can be found in the hoby of course) species that don't require high tech, high dollar componants. Hopefully in the future i'll be able to do a bigger tank.

Archived