Pod Your Reef

New Tank

Belle

I'm thinking about getting a 2.5 minibow (acrylic or glass tank). Which would you recommend? I'm eventually going to put mushrooms, possibly a small anemone, feather duster, some coral, and polyps. Is this tank too small to hold a fish? Please comment on what you think would be good to start off my tank and what I should eventually put in it. This is my first nano-tank, so I'm going to need lots of information. =) Thanks!

I'm in the same position as you, but I'm leaning towards a larger tank... at most 20 gallons. Everything looks good but I think putting an anemone in such a small tank wouldn't be a very good idea. Not only are the difficult to care for in general, but in such a small tank it would be extremely difficult. When I start mine I'm thinking about putting a percula, some green star polyps, and maybe some xenia in. That sounds like a pretty popular combination for nanos here.

I hope I helped a little. Good luck!

Orange Crush

for your first tank i'd highly recommend something bigger, perhaps a 7 gal minibow or a 10 gallon. I'd always say glass over acrylic; acrylic is too easy to scratch. What you put in it is pretty much up to you, but IMO 2.5 is too small for a fish.

Archived