inTank Media Baskets

Tank Idea

audandash

I was in my dads basement the other day and found an old 26 gal aquarium i had in college. I had an idea and wanted to get some input. What i am thinking is getting some acrylic or glass and running it accross the length of the tank to make refugium behind it. should give me about 18-20 gal for actual viewing and the remainder as the refugium. Is this a good idea, bad idea. any suggestions.

Before you invest a lot of time and money into the tank be sure that the front is not scratched up real bad and you never treated with heavy metals in the tank. For that size tank if you are unsure I would recomend the purchase of a new tank. Or build one if you want. That will be a fraction of the total cost in the long run so I would be safe. The plan sounds good though. Just make sure it is strong enough to support the water weight and not fall back when filled.

JJ

when i had it in school it was sw, some fish and live rock. never treated with any meds. looks to be in great shape, no scratches i would test for leaks first but i already have, i might as well do something with it. anyone have any ideas how to set this thing up and where to get the stuff to do it.

I made an overflow for a fuge with just plane old acrylic and aquarium silicon. If you do some searching on sites you will see a lot of info on using acrylic.

Archived