Top Shelf Aquatics

Phytoplankton time.....got a quick question....

Physh1

Ok....I've just got few clams now and want to start using phytoplankton again. I have always used DT's but was a little unhappy with the poor consistancy of the product......

What is everyone using now? Just looking for some options. I know what's out there but only have personal experience with DT's.....opinions?!?

Thanks, CameronB)

i dont have personal experiance with it but ive heard alot of good thing about the BP product. its called Bio plankton. its the stuff you keep in the freezer. at AC we sell alot of it and alot of peope love it.

Originally posted by Crakeur

I think you might find alternatives somewhere in that huge DT's Nano-joke thread a few months back.

Hahaha.....I forgot about that thread. It didn't show up when I searched but I think I got it bookmarked. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks Eric.....I remember the BP so I may try some.

Cameron

• 4 weeks later...

are u sure u are mixing it at a MINIMUM of weekly intervals? If u don't shake it enough, the plankton clump together, not only killing them but creating the "poor consistency" issue..

IMO weekly shaking of the bottle is NOT enough i gently stir and shake every day to keep the particulates from settling...

nothing surpasses live phyto IMO...is there any other company that makes live plankton?

Archived