Coral Vue Hydros

Hermit crabs

Kamao

lil'wrasse cool
Just a quick question. How long can hermit crabs live without saltwater?

haha good question I was thinking that yesterday. I was going to steel one from my buddy and put it in my shirt pocket.

Ok, i got some on sunday morning, and they are still alive, theyre in my nano tank now. I got 5 of them, theyre small. Is 5 enough for a 10gallon tank?

hermit crabs ca not live without water, land dwelling or ocean dwelling, ocean dwelling could live as long as theres oxygen left in the water they have in ther shells, land dwelling have specialized gills that need to be kept moist

5 should be good for a 10 gallon

clifford513
Ok, i got some on sunday morning, and they are still alive, theyre in my nano tank now. I got 5 of them, theyre small. Is 5 enough for a 10gallon tank?

Where did you get them? I get the feeling you've been to the beach :lol:

Why will they drown? They looked fine today. Hehehe Yeah a friend of mine got them when it was low tide. He got them from a place where its usually full of water, thats why he got them at low tide, so he could pick them.

it depends on if he got one the are land dwelling...which i suspect then they will drown, but if there actaully aquatic theyll be fine

what do they look like? got a pic?

Why will they drown? They looked fine today. Hehehe Yeah a friend of mine got them when it was low tide. He got them from a place where its usually full of water, thats why he got them at low tide, so he could pick them.

Err what beach? Unless they're one of the varieties commonly available in LFS' you've probably got crabs that will eat fish and corals first chance they get.

A beach here on the Philippines. Hehehe

The hermits are black, with red antennas or something. Theyre still small and still alive.

SaVeThEeELs

ack! you cant take my people out of the water!!!

from my experience as a kid in okinawa, they live about an hour or 2 w/o water.....maybe up to a day in a cup of water...but some are troopers.....

i know land hermits cant survive lawn mowers........

Archived