Pod Your Reef

My AGA 7 MiniBow....

rklutts

Well I started it May 19. It's a AGA MiniBow 7, Tetreac 150 w/heater, Power Sweep 212, tank light with a CSL 2x32w Hood on the way, 9lbs of Marshall Island LR and 3lb of LS from LFS.

>

tank.jpg

>

I have found some life. The other day when I bought some LR rubble. I got a small "duster" in one of the pieces. I have also seen alot of red bristle worms, they can be caught out when I flip on the tank lights. Also a snail and a few other white flea like guys and a purplish little "scale" looking guy.

>

wormduster.jpg

>

Starting to get a little "red dust" on the HOB and some of the rock? Hope the cycle is about done, going to have the water tested on Saturday. I might get a shroom or poylp. Really want a tulip anemone! Will have to have it shipped in though.

Rob

Off to a great start rklutts. Your fleas are likely copepods and your scale is probably a small chiton. Hope things go smoothly, and be patient.

I had my water checked and the LFS guy gave me the green light for a little buddy or two. First I picked out this nice small zoo on a nice piece coral...

>

zoos.jpg

>

I also got a small frag of some GSP's. They were a little shy and did not want to come out for the photo.

>

greenpoylp.jpg

Billdemart

Wow very nice. Im jealous! My first nano ever starts tonight!

Well, I'm just setting up the water but its a step!

Well the tank is doing good and when I got home friday the GSP where out and so I got a picture of them...

>

GSP.jpg

>

And here is a whole tank shot.

>

tank3.jpg

The small rock in the front middle is a piece of the rock the GSP came from with little baby ones are on it.

>

And a shot of the zoos all extended. They are really green...

>

Zoos2.jpg

Whats that little nub on the bottom of the Zoo? Is going to make a 5th button?

>

I SPY A GOBY... can you find him...

• 2 weeks later...

Well the new lights have made a real diiference in the tank. The Zoos are loving it. Just compare the new photo with the old one above. The little nub at the bottom has now grown out to make a 5th button.

>

Zoo_Baby.jpg

>

I also got this weed (Xenia). My LFS guy was cleaning out one of his tanks an basically gave the frag to me. It had taken over one of the coral tanks. I will keep a close I on this guy so he does not get out of hand. I took Gil's idea of needle and thread and sewed him to the rock after the rubberbands cut through it.

>

Xenia.jpg

>

But I now have a frag of GSP, Zoo, and Xenia. I also have a small clown gobie, red hermit, turbo snail and a bumblebee snail, that are all doing good. No real problems just a little algae here and there but who doesn't get that. I have made a 2 wc changes so far. All water tests have been good. Started tank 5.19.03 so one month and going stonge.

rk

Archived