Coral Vue Hydros

Would this work?

SeaFish

I know some power heads and return pumps have a rattling sound when a lot of back-pressure is present. do Mag Drive 9.5 have such rattling sounds when back pressure builds up?

I am using a Mag 9.5 on a 5 feet vinyl tubing as the return pump with two outlet going into the tank and at this rate i am still looking at a 700gph flow rate. What i was thinking is i split the path with a T and connect it to my aqua c remora and power the skimmer as well. So the mag 9.5 would be running my two return inlet into the tank and at the same time link to aqua c remora via vinyl tubing. will this be too much for the mag 9.5 or is it just fine considering it is a 20 gallon tank with a 700gph hang on overflow drainage? what do you all think???

It'll work and you shouldn't get rattle but you won't be getting 700 to the tank. Being split twice and a split for the skimmer it'll be hard to tell ya how much flow but it's not gonna be 700 IMO....

Cameron

The mag drive is use for a 20 gallon reef tank with a 10 gallon sump.

thanks for your quick reply. since my hang on overflow can only handle 700gph flow rate, my mag 9.5 would be way to large even at 4 feet vinyl tube length. so i thought i split it with a T where one goes to the aqua c remora skimmer and the rest goes to the outlet pumping water back into the tank. the outlet iteself has a split allowing two direction of water flow into the tank. with this would it still provide enough water circulation into the main tank?

what type of corals are you planning? extremely high flow corals probably not. if you are doing medium and low flow you should be fine.

actually i am planning to have all kinds of corals as long as it will fit into my 20 gallon tank. as of now and after careful consideration, i decided to use another powerhead for the skimmer on itself.

Archived