Cultivated Reef

Pederson's Anemone Shrimp

opaquelace

I want to get some Pederson's Anemone Shrimp : Pederson%20Anemone%20Shrimp_500_500.jpg

to live on the FL Ric. I ordered. I won't be getting them for several months until I'm sure my Ricordea is going to be happy in my tank and until it has grown and reproduced maybe. Just wondering if anyone had some though, and how well they did in the tank with other animals. I only plan on getting an ocellaris clown and a shrimp goby (yellow watchman or randall's).

I don't have one but have been trying to get one for ever!!! On Live aquaria's caribbean site they have some but are always out!!!

Fishfreak218

I have had them, they are pretty hardy IME..... mine ate Mysis shrimp but then I had one who wouldnt swim for his food so I had to bring it to him which was a major PITA

I have had them, they are pretty hardy IME..... mine ate Mysis shrimp but then I had one who wouldnt swim for his food so I had to bring it to him which was a major PITA

Are they interesting to watch? I'd be more willing to keep a hard animal if they could at least entertain me and I could get attached to them. It's either these or sexies, I'm trying to make a choice. I just like the look of these little guys.

I don't have one but have been trying to get one for ever!!! On Live aquaria's caribbean site they have some but are always out!!!

Try sealifeflorida.com

That's where I'm going to buy them from if I decide to get them in a few months.

This guy has them listed here. Look at item 765 under ARTHROPODS

http://www.floridacollector.com/order.htm

Have you ever ordered from them? I was planning on ordering from sealifeflorida.com but they are 14$ there vs. 8$ where you showed me. If you have, are they reliable?

I'm from Louisiana too BTW. :)

Fishfreak218

I find them more entertaining then sexies.. but they dont do much. If you want something that does alot then get a normal shrimp such as a skunk cleaner shrimp. Personaly, I think my next shrimp will be a pair of Harlequin Shrimp but I have to run the feeding by my dad first ;)

I find them more entertaining then sexies.. but they dont do much. If you want something that does alot then get a normal shrimp such as a skunk cleaner shrimp. Personaly, I think my next shrimp will be a pair of Harlequin Shrimp but I have to run the feeding by my dad first ;)

Haha, I love Harlequin shrimp too, but I'm sensitive when it comes to things like feeding it a live starfish (or feeding any animal something that's alive :tears: ). I'd probably get upset :huh: .

Back on topic: I like the idea that they will swim to you for food once they get used to the routine. And they are very pretty. Do you know if they would get along with sexies? My LFS always has sexies...they never seem to be able to get rid of them actually, but they never carry the Pederson's anemone shrimp and so I would have to order them from an online store.

Have you ever ordered from them? I was planning on ordering from sealifeflorida.com but they are 14$ there vs. 8$ where you showed me. If you have, are they reliable?

I'm from Louisiana too BTW. :)

I have not personally ordered from them but I got the link from someone who had placed an order there and they were very happy with them.

I have not personally ordered from them but I got the link from someone who had placed an order there and they were very happy with them.

Ok, thanks!

Archived