Coral Vue Hydros

Anenome ID please

The Kapenta Kid

clifford513

Make sure it has a sandy place to bury its foot. Try feeding it a couple one quarter inch pieces of silversides a couple times a week. It will also take mysis shrimp and krill. It needs metal halide lighting and good flow.

The Kapenta Kid

Thanks for the replies.

It eats avidly, so all may not be lost.

I put it iinitially in sand but it did not seem happy. I moved it up onto a rock crevice and it has wedged istelf solidly in.

What kind of lighting do you have?

How long have you had it?

To help it recover (it is a LTA by the way), feed it more often than the 2-3 times a week you would normally feed.

Make sure to give a good VARIETY of foods. Not JUST silversides. Offer Silversides, Shrimp, Mysis, Clam, Squid Etc. You can go to the fish counter at your grocery store and get a little baggie of each of these kinds of raw seafood for dirt cheap. (all but the mysis of course). I would also soak it in Zoe or Selcon for added nutrition. You can also mix in some formula one or other reef compounded foods (buy at the LFS in those pop-out ice tray looking packs).

Keep your water clean, and I wouldnt add any clowns to host it as the stress could make him kick the bucket. Dont move him, leave him be wherever he is comfy. Usually LTAs sink thier foot into a nice sandbed, but he may like the rock better, especially if it is higher up.

He looks plump and otherwise 'healthy' besides the bleach-job. At least he isnt melting away!

Good Luck!

Jessica/Dragonette

Archived