SaltCritters.com

Cleaners with Hermits

mjames

I have three scarlet hermets, one sally light foot. I want to look into adding a cleaner shrimp, is there going to be any compatability issues? I have a 29 gal biocube with 30 lbs LR and tons of hiding spots.

no, i don't think so, only snails.

I didn't even think about the snails........I do have two sand sifting snails, I won't even try to spell it..... :D Would they be an issue?

meh, its probably a good idea to go to your LFS and get some empty shells, as thats what they kill the snails for,

if you can get enough shells with various shapes and sizes, they won't bother with the snails.

meh, its probably a good idea to go to your LFS and get some empty shells, as thats what they kill the snails for,

if you can get enough shells with various shapes and sizes, they won't bother with the snails.

Good point and on my to do list for sure. The Cleaner Shrimp shouldn't have any issues with those inhabitants then? Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about a Coral Banded Shrimp in addition to the cleaner but I think they would fight in a 29 gal.

Archived