Coral Vue Hydros

AH Supply 2x36 Bright Kit

kelp

I think this thread may have been introduced once before, but I could not  locate it to save my life.

Does anybody know if the 2x36 Bright kit from AH Supply can be placed on separate timers?  Also has anybody tried keeping any clams with 72 watts on a 10 gallon?  Thanks in advance for any help answering these questions.

i dont think you can keep those lights on different timers bc theres only 1 power cord for the dual ballast. i have the same kit you mention on my 10 gal.

I had asked the guy at ahsupply if this could be done when I ordered mine.  The short answer is no.  You'd have to order two separate 36w kits.

• 2 months later...

Originally by kelp: "Also has anybody tried keeping any clams with 72 watts on a 10 gallon?"

I just found this post in the archives and was wondering the same thing. But no one responded to this part. So, whaddya think? Would I be limited at all with 72 watts of PC on my 10 gallon? Also, what bulbs would you recommend? I'm thinking about 10000K/actinic.

Oh by the way, Kelp, if you're still reading this, at Pet Supply Liquidator where I'm buying my hood you can opt for 2 power cords.

Archived