Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fragging Acans

ReeFur

joel sandoman

i used a dremel on mine. I think you saw some of the pics i put up. i would have taken more pics but i was stressed enough withought having to stop and take between cuts.

oh yeah here's some advice mvite gave me.

"I like using a dremel--and I start by notching the sides of the piece at the skeletal wall where I want to cut---this way I can see my starting and ending point at all times whether the piece is upside down or whatever. Then I just try to connect those two points by slowly cutting upwards from below--again trying to follow the skeletal walls. Then if I have to -- I cut from the top down and detach the piece. Some people can wedge a screwdriver or something in the underside cut---and then twist it. This also can cut the piece with less damage---unless like me---it breaks unevenly---for me that's a tougher way.

Again--you really can't hurt em--even if you have 1/4 mouth--it will live. It just will take a while before you can sell or trade it cuz it will be ugly."

how is it done?

They are easy---just don't lay them on their "face" (tissue side) and try not to smash that side at all.

Some people use tile saws or band saws and just buzz right through polyps--that will work just fine as well. It's all in how pretty you want them to be.

If you like them it is. The pricing varies greatly.

I think they just might be my fave coral. I dunno--It might be a 20 way tie for my fave. :D

Archived