Cultivated Reef

full grown hermits?

antonym518

I have a scarlet hermit and a blue legged. They are in a little less then 1" shells. How big will they get ? How big of shells will I need? Also what else should I get as far as a cuc for a bc8? It has been running for a week cycle done thanks to cured lr 12.5 lbs of it. I also have a 1.5" clown in there.

Okay well assuming your tank has run through a complete cycle (which I doubt can happen in a week) you should notice all sorts of algae on your rocks and on the glass. If that is in fact the case, then your best bet for a CUC would be (aside from your two hermits) an emerald crab, cerith snails (4 or 5), astrea snails (about 2 or 3), and a cleaner shrimp.

Oh geez, the hermits. I forgot. Blue-legged hermits shouldn't get bigger than 1" and I'm assuming the same goes for a scarlet. Although you may want to double check.

a week is to early to be adding anyfish cured liverock or not, biggest scarlet ive seen was in a 2 inch shell but hermits like to get big homes, cuc 2-3 astrea, 2-3 nas*****

a week is to early to be adding anyfish cured liverock or not, biggest scarlet ive seen was in a 2 inch shell but hermits like to get big homes, cuc 2-3 astrea, 2-3 nas*****

Will I loose the fish? My nitrate nitrites and amonia were all 0 after they went up for a few days. What do I do?

Ok, I have blue legged hermits and my largest is in 2" shell and has been eyeing a shell that is 3 1/2". I have a couple others that are already in 1" shells.HTH

They can get big, and if they're given big enough shells, they'll get big fast.

A lot of tanks never cycle if the rock is well-cured.

Pinner Reef

Side-tracking here but what about Mexican red legged or whatever they are called cuz mine has a 2" shell with a relaxed leg span of about 1". Most of the info says 2" but I wasn't sure what that was in reference to.

-pinner

Archived