Pod Your Reef

SKH AP24

skh

• 3 months later...

Well, yesterday (5/9/09) I finished making my homemade cover out of pond netting and a window screen frame (as seen on several NR threads) and finally popped my new Sunpod (the "S'Pod") on top. The cover only took about an hour or so to make - the hardest part was making sure the netting was reasonably straight on the frame when I attached it with the spline. So far I'm running the S'Pod with two layers of fiberglass screen for light acclimation. I've got to get my homemade ATO back in working order and then I'll really be in business.

Pictures to follow.

• 1 year later...

A couple of photos of the tank from today. This is after battling a full-blown bryopsis outbreak with Kent Tech-M and losing my lovely crocea clam during a 2-week vacation (the clam decomposed and was entirely consumed in the tank -- I came back to an empty shell). It's not in the greatest shape, but much better than before and hopefully on an upward trajectory. Since the bryopsis outbreak I've added an odyssea PS75 HOB skimmer, which is running nicely.

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

RIP Clam - 9/19/2009 to 7/3/2010.

IMG_1240.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Unfortunately updating this thread for the last time. After surviving a move and several lengthy vacations where the tank ran on autopilot (feeding, cooling, etc.), it finally crashed completely two weeks ago. I was on vacation when apparently I had a power outage, which tripped the GFCI. When the power came back on the GFCI didn't reset, causing the tank to asphyxiate.

A sad end to a tank that had been running reasonably well for 5 years. :(

Archived