Coral Vue Hydros

coral id's

PyRoZ

Got these 2 amazingly cheap when i went to pick up my new lights (Coralife Aqualight 2X65 watts, Amazing lights, on my 16H tank), as well as some button polyps. B)

First one I believe i some sorta riccordia, second one i got no idea.. havent been able to find any picture that resembles it..

Thanks

The first pic has bleached ricordias. They look like they will recover because they still have coloration on the undersides. They might be orange or red when they get healthier.

The second pic looks like a scolemia coral with bits of rock stuck to its face but I'm probably wrong. The red rock looks like a sponge or tunicate.

Bucket o Chum

The reddish greenish one looks like some kind of Telmatactis anemone but i'm not sure. I saw something like that at Sea Crop.

well thx anyways guys...

Ive searched everywhere.. magazines/web cant find anythin that even comes close to looking like it...

I believe it is still young, being only about the size of a quarter. It may be Haitian, or Tonga, (2 of the more popular places that lfs gets stuff from). It seems to have swelled up a bit since I frist got it a few days ago.. looks like green pincushion with a bunch of arms/hands comin out of it..

maybe itll start resembling somethin normal in the next month or so..B)

Karkadannspiral

Ive got a ricordia that looks like the one in the first pic, the light orange/peach mouth and grey/white body. It looks quite a lovely blue in the shadows/low light time of the tank however. I was hoping it would darken, but Ive had it atleast a month by now and all its done is had the two mouths grow further apart.

Ive also got a hairy mushroom that is green with red/brown 'hair' coming out of it. Is it possable its a hairy mushrom and the hair part has swelled for some reason?

ahh i kinda like the white body..:P

body looks like its darkening a bit purplish with the tips stayin white...

under actinic it flouresences a nice yellow/green

as for the anemone?? still same green body with reddish puffed up arms.. Seen it spit out some brownish mucus yesterday, out of what looked like a white mouth, though normally the mouth is covered by the armlike things...

thx all...

whatever it is.. hopefully it doesnt turn out to be some giant killer anemone..:*(

so many unknowns in this hobby.. everyday finding soemthin new.. found a baby brittle star that came in on some marshall islands rock from about a month ago...:)

Archived