Top Shelf Aquatics

Can I use freshwater snail shells?

hobbit

I'm setting up a mantis tank, and I have a lot of access to Shells. I want to add them for a mantis to fortify his burrow, and if he decides to let a hermit room with him for a while, he'll need some shells. But if i ever set up a tank with some hermits, can they use these shells? Will they dissolve or something? If i hold them at the right angle, i can VERY nearly see to where they would be able to go. the very skinny areas. They are pond shells, and i was thinking of asking my lfs for the dead snails so i could clean them up. Oh yeah, and they are SUPER thin. if youy put your finger inside of it, you can nearly see it.

TheUnfocusedOne
I'm setting up a mantis tank, and I have a lot of access to Shells. I want to add them for a mantis to fortify his burrow, and if he decides to let a hermit room with him for a while, he'll need some shells. But if i ever set up a tank with some hermits, can they use these shells? Will they dissolve or something? If i hold them at the right angle, i can VERY nearly see to where they would be able to go. the very skinny areas. They are pond shells, and i was thinking of asking my lfs for the dead snails so i could clean them up. Oh yeah, and they are SUPER thin. if youy put your finger inside of it, you can nearly see it.

u stole my question... <_<

Archived