Pod Your Reef

elegance tips

masterfuji01

masterfuji01

i just got an awesome elegance for my 10 gallon nano. it is doing so well. i was just wondering if anyone had any tips to keeping these corals. how often does anyone, if at all, feed them? I have kept tons of corals, but have never personally kept this specis. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

i'd recommend decent flow (i.e. 3"+/sec), actinic and daylight (<6700K), high calcium, no irritating tankmates, and an iodine supplement (more for its anti-bacterial properties tho).

the latter two refer to issues that ultimately did my elegance in (had it for about a year). imo it was probably the infection more than anything else tho. my tang took a good chunk out of one of the mouths but that healed after a few weeks. about a month after it completely healed, i introduced a bunch of hermits and blammo, the coral started bloating just like the 1st stages of the infamous elegance infections. :*(

• 3 weeks later...

You don't have to feed it but I feed mine because it's fun to watch it eat. Moderate light and flow will keep it happy. It's a LPS so make sure it has good calcium also, around 400-425 would be good enough.

Archived